Big Data for Labour Market Intelligence - Online capacity development programme (Nov-Dec 2022)
Big Data for Labour Market Intelligence
Online capacity development programme (Nov-Dec 2022)
This hands-on learning programme is for you!
Interact with a multidisciplinary team of data scientists, labour market experts, statisticians.
Simultaneous interpretation: English-French-Ukrainian languages
The new capacity development programme 2022 is structured in two modules
- Technical training on concepts, methodological framework, and practical applications.
A programme of 3 training webinars: 2, 9 and 29 November 2022, 08.00-11.30 (GMT) / 09.00-12.30 (CET)
- Dissemination and analysis: value of the data system; new themes of analysis (green skills, remote work); value of landscaping and ranking of online job vacancy sources; contextualisation of online job vacancy data in relation to the wider labour market statistics; web data sources for supply side analysis; role and place of AI in the data system.
A programme of 3 dissemination webinars: 15 and 16 November, 06 December 2022, 08.00-12.00 (GMT) / 09.00-13.00 (CET)
We live in ‘datified societies’. Digitalisation of services, businesses, personal and social interactions generate a growing mass of data across the globe. Digital and online information on employment and education opportunities, demand for skills, occupations and qualifications has increased globally, and this vast internet data can be harnessed to improve and add value to Labour Market Information and skills anticipation systems (LMI).
The European Training Foundation (ETF) started the project “Big Data for Labour Market Intelligence” in 2019, targeting development of an innovative data system for analysis of skills demand. The system is based on online job vacancies (advertisements), collected from web sources. In the first phase (2019-2021) the project achieved tangible results, notably the establishment of the databases and online visualisation platforms (dashboards) in three countries (Ukraine, Tunisia, Georgia). In 2022 the project started a new phase, marked by the inclusion of additional countries in the data system (Egypt and Kenya), upgrade of data quality and exploration of new themes and data sources. ETF works with a specialised consortium of data scientists and researchers (LightCast and CRISP – University Milano Bicocca).
Every year the project carries out regular capacity development programmes, and all resources and learning materials are accessible online for any interested institution. In the dedicated YouTube channel you find over 20 videos covering different aspects of the concepts, methodology, analysis and use cases.
Key outcomes of ETF project “Big Data for LMI,” including the key dashboards, training programmes, methodological handbook and analytical reports are accessible online:
- Open Space webpage: LMI in transformation – Focus on Big Data
- Brief methodological handbook (English) “Big Data for labour market intelligence: an introductory guide” (2019). Brief Methodological Handbook, 2019 Russian and in French
- Updated interactive data visualisation platforms (dashboards): a) Ukraine; b) Tunisia; c) Egypt; d) Georgia;
- Training programmes with learning resources:
- YouTube channel
- A specific training programme for data analysts and experts, November 2019
- Webpage of webinar on Big Data for LMIS, 10 December 2020
- Online training programme on Job vacancy analysis, 8, 10 and 15 June 2021
- Online training programme “What’s new with Big Data for LMI?”: 22-24 November 2021
- Report: Feasibility study OJV sources: methodology and two case studies (Morocco and Tunisia), 2019
- Report: Big Data for LMI, Web Labour Market Landscaping Ukraine, 2020.
Report: Big Data for LMI in Ukraine: analytical report, 2020.