Lifelong Learning as a driver for post-war development in Poltava region/Ukraine
Co-organised by the European Training Foundation, DVV-international, EARLALL and representatives of local government, civil society of the Poltava region in Ukraine, the discussions of the round-table will focus on the link between non-formal learning, lifelong learning, localisation of policies by local authorities, and civil society organisations’ role.
Objectives of the event:
- Get acquainted with the European experience of strengthening the field of lifelong learning in communities and examples of successful cooperation between the civic society and local authorities.
- Identify best practices and solutions for strengthening the relationship between lifelong learning and attractiveness of a local/regional economy.
- To highlight the role of human resources development in the context of the post-war recovery and reconstruction.
- To identify/review prospective sources of funding for adult education.
- Generate ideas for promoting the culture of lifelong learning among community residents.
Deputies of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (members of the National Parliament), representatives of local self-government bodies, municipal decision makers, civil society representatives, representatives of the academia and private sector, international experts.