Do I need to have my qualifications recognised?

This page is also available in

There is no automatic EU-wide recognition of diplomas, whether those qualifications are issued in EU countries or in Ukraine.  You may therefore need to go through a national procedure to get your academic degree or diploma recognised in another EU country, if you seek admission to a further course of study there. If you already know that you will eventually want to pursue further studies in a different country, check before you start whether your diploma will be recognised there. This site provides help and example requests: Recognition of academic diplomas - Your Europe (

For recognition for work purposes, see the section “Professional recognition”, below.

Did visiting this page help to find information you need?