Webinar: Vocational learning at a distance: supporting vocational teachers under the lock down
This multi-lingual webinar will share good practice on how to train and support teachers and trainers to sustain vocational education during the shut down and in its aftermath. There will be a focus on how to extend the number of teachers that are able to provide distance learning. The webinar will show how ministries, agencies, schools in different countries have, in a matter of weeks, found ways to support and upskill teachers so that they have been able to transform their teaching.
Representatives from Ministries, Training Agencies, Networks and schools in Partner Countries (PC) and Member States (MS) will describe the blend of approaches they have used and what they have done in the following areas:
- Providing on-line training for teachers
- Providing guidance and resources
- Monitoring the participation of teachers and learners in distance learning
- Help lines and support for teachers
- Collaborative development of distance teaching materials
- Addressing isolation and well-being of teachers
- Sharing of approaches and materials
- Helping to reach all learners
- Coordination of different actors and organisations
Webinar speakers from many countries will share remarkable stories of how teachers have been able to meet the challenge of CoVid19 and to explain the training, the collaboration and the coordination that has made this possible.
There will be opportunities for participants to raise questions and contribute.
The full recording of the webinar is available Here