ACQF peer learning webinar 8
African Continental Qualifications Framework (ACQF) capacity development programme (CDP) 2021
The Capacity Development Programme (CDP) of the ACQF project continues the good practice started in 2020 with the programme of 7 Peer Learning Webinars. 22 cases of qualifications frameworks from 3 continents (Africa, Asia and Europe) were share and discussed with high-level representatives from National Qualifications agencies and authorities and with Regional Qualifications frameworks. Please access the rich set of presentations and reports to learn from these experiences,
In 2021 CDP combines diverse modalities of learning and networking, to connect, support knowledge-creation and experience-sharing on qualifications and qualifications frameworks and systems. This plan builds on the ‘Concept of ACQF Capacity Development Programme’ presented to ACQF Advisory Group, at the meeting of 8 April 2021.
Overview of CDP 2021
CDP 2021 starts on 3 June with the series of five Peer Learning Webinars (PLW) in the period June-October 2021. All PLWs are multilingual (EN-FR-PT), and are scheduled: 10.00-12.30 GMT / UT.
Prior registration required (only once - for all PLW 2021)
- PLW of 3 June: to share African experiences - National Qualifications Frameworks (NQF) of Seychelles and Namibia. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) of Kenya. Zoom 3 June. Meeting ID: 918 1373 0694 - Passcode: 306483 (prior registration required)
- PLW of 30 June: to present African experiences of Quality Assurance in higher education – the cases of CAMES and of the ANAQ-Sup (Senegal). In addition, the Africa Early Childhood Network (AfECN) will present the work towards a continental framework for Early childhood education and development. Zoom 30 June - Meeting ID: 946 7653 3660 - Passcode: 972849 (prior registration required).
- PLW of 22 July: to learn about African experiences of National Qualifications Databases and NQF Information Systems (cases of South Africa and Kenya), and of Recognition of qualifications. Zoom 22 July - Meeting ID: 939 8897 6338 - Passcode: 561354 (prior registration required)
- PLW of 23 September: highlights on the agenda: Learning Outcomes – cornerstone of NQFs; discussion on ACQF level descriptors; Guideline on Quality Assurance in the context of ACQF. Information on the access link will be provided.
- PLW of 28 October: the final PLW 2021 focuses on African NQF experiences, presentation of the findings of the African School Curriculum Survey, discussion of the conclusions of the study on the nexus between TVET reforms and implementation of the NQF (case of Mozambique) and a conversation on the synergies between the ACQF and African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA). Panel of experts. Information on the access link will be provided.
The ACQF conference and an in-depth training programme in December will complete the cycle of 2021 CDP activities.
- Conference - theme: Validation of learning: the future is here – opportunities and demands for qualifications frameworks and systems
- Training programme - theme: Qualifications and qualifications frameworks – a 360o view of issues, components and tools and their interactions.
Français: vous êtes invitée (invité) à participer !
Le Programme de renforcement des capacités du projet ACQF (CDP) poursuit les bonnes pratiques entamées en 2020 avec le programme des webinaires d’apprentissage par les pairs. Ici, vous avez : l’ordre du jour avec les liens pour accéder aux 3 prochains webinaires, en juin et juillet 2021.
- PLW du 3 juin: expériences des Cadres nationaux de certification (CNC) des Seychelles et de la Namibie ; et reconnaissance de l’apprentissage préalable (RPL / VAE) du Kenya.
- PLW du 30 juin: expériences africaines d’assurance de la qualité dans l’enseignement supérieur – les cas du CAMES et de l’ANAQ-Sup (Sénégal). En outre, le Réseau africain de la petite enfance (AFECN) présentera les travaux en vue d’un cadre continental pour l’éducation et le développement de la petite enfance.
- PLW du 22 juillet : expériences africaines des répertoires des CNC et qualifications et des systèmes d’information du CNC (cas d’Afrique du Sud et du Kenya) ; expériences de reconnaissance / équivalence des qualifications.
Português: está convidada (o) a participar!
O Programa de Desenvolvimento de Capacidades do projeto ACQF (CDP) prossegue as boas práticas iniciadas em 2020 com o programa de webinars de Aprendizagem entre Pares. Aqui encontra: agendas com links para aceder aos 3 próximos webinars, em junho e julho 2021:
- PLW de 3 de junho: experiências de Quadros Nacionais de Qualificações (NQF) das Seicheles e Namíbia; e novo sistema de Validação de competências da aprendizagem prévia (RPL) do Quénia.
- PLW de 30 de junho: experiências africanas de Garantia da Qualidade no ensino superior – os casos do CAMES e do ANAQ-Sup (Senegal). Além disso, a Rede Africana da Infância (AfECN) apresentará o trabalho no sentido de um quadro continental para a educação e desenvolvimento da primeira infância.
- PLW de 22 de julho: experiências africanas de Catálogos nacionais de qualificações e Sistemas de Informação de quadros nacionais de qualificações (casos da África do Sul e Quénia); e Reconhecimento de Qualificações.
- ACQF Training modules
Learning is Our most precious capability and privilege. Learning anytime, anywhere, autonomously.
ACQF Capacity development programme starts with a series of Thematic Briefs on diverse topics related with qualifications frameworks and systems. These Thematic briefs will include concepts, case studies, quizzes, presentations.
Topics of our series of Thematic Briefs:
- Qualifications and NQFs – a comprehensive systemic view. Concepts & definitions. Case studies
- Learning outcomes approach – in context
- Level descriptors of African NQFs
- Alignment/referencing criteria and processes NQF-RQF. Case study: EQF Referencing
- Recognition of prior learning: case studies: Kenya, European Union
- Quality assurance in the context of NQF
- NQF Information Systems and Databases: case study Kenya
- Communication to stakeholders
- Innovation in NQFs: micro-credentials
- Governance of NQFs, including financing
- African opportunities for skills and qualifications
Thematic briefs 1 and 2 – FEATURED:
- Nº 1: Concepts and definitions on qualifications, skills, RPL, qualifications frameworks and much more: an updated collection from various international sources
- Nº 2: Competences’ frameworks, from Asia-Pacific and Europe. Such as Transversal Competencies, Key Competences for LLL, Digital Skills Framework, Entrepreneurship Competences Framework and others!