TVET teachers in industry
It's still possible to register to the webinar on ‘Industry experience of TVET teachers in time of crisis’, taking place today and co-organised by UNESCO and OECD and in collaboration with the ETF, the World Bank and ILO. The event will take place from 14:00 to 15:30 (GMT+2).
This webinar is one of the 14 webinar sessions which take place in the context of the global celebration of the World Teachers’ Day 2020 under the theme of ‘Teachers: Leading in crisis, reimagining the future’.
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly constrained technical and vocational education and training (TVET) systems around the world. This webinar highlights the status, challenges and feasible solutions for TVET teachers and teaching in the time of crisis and from the perspectives of various stakeholders.
Panellists representing a Ministry; a TVET teacher training institution; a TVET institution; a TVET regulatory body; the private sector; and training fund will respond to questions such as:
· How can TVET systems attract professionals from the industry to the teaching profession?
· What are the barriers faced by professionals to enter the teaching profession?
· How can work experience be integrated into initial teacher training for TVET fields?
· What professional development strategies can be pursued to support TVET teachers in keeping up to date with evolving industry practices?
· How do TVET teachers interact with industries, companies, factories, etc. to update their skills?
To participate, click here: https://unesco-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_JupSewgrSue0M_TYTwsZ_g
Did you like this article? If you would like to be notified when new content like this is published, subscribe to receive our email alerts.