Community Meetup "Teaching Innovation in the 21 century: learning from each other"
Outline of the event
In September 2021 the European Training Foundation has launched its Community of Innovative Educators, which is now counting with more than 900 educators and practitioners from the ETF partner countries in Central Asia, the EU Eastern Partnership, the Western Balkans and Turkey and the South-East Mediterranean.
The meetup aims to gather the community members in order to take stock of the lessons learnt in the first months of work of the community, to present the emerging teaching and learning innovation trends from the different regions involved, and to present the planned activities of the community in 2022.
The event is free of charge and open to anyone interested in teaching and learning innovation.
Interpretation will be available in English, Russian, Arabic, Serbian.
14:00 Keynote opening presentations
Opening and moderation: Olena Bekh, European Training Foundation
- Tom Wambeke, Chief Learning Innovation, ITC-ILO, “High-tech teaching innovation: will we be teaching in the metaverse?”
- Haris Hamzic, professor of mathematics, Bosnia and Herzegovina, “Digitcoin: increase learners’ motivation without digital technologies”
14:30-15:10 International Panel: teaching innovation trends emerging from the ETF community
Moderator: Julian Stanley, European Training Foundation
- Mimoza Anastoska-Jankulovska, Teaching and Learning Innovation Expert, North Macedonia
- Merab Labadze, Director and co-Founder, Innovative Education Foundation, Georgia
- Nehme Safa, Professor, Saint Joseph University, Lebanon
15:10-15:30 Fostering international knowledge exchange on teaching innovation
Moderator: Fabio Nascimbeni, European Training Foundation
- The ETF Community of Innovative Educators in 2020: planned activities and ideas
- Open discussion and gathering of ideas from participants
- Closing and next steps