International dimension of centres of vocational excellence
Going global with the ETF’s Network for Excellence?
In November 2021, the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion and the European Training Foundation (ETF) signed an agreement for the implementation of the project ‘The international dimension of centres of vocational excellence: Building a strong international cooperation dimension on excellence’. This project builds on the work of the ETF’s Network for Excellence, a network of centres of vocational excellence launched in 2020.
The two-year project (2022–23) is part of the European Union’s strategy to make centres of vocational excellence an engine for the development of vocational excellence. Involving a wide range of local stakeholders, businesses and other actors, the project encourages centres of vocational excellence:
- to work together and share their practices internationally;
- to help improve the attractiveness and relevance of vocational education and training;
- to collectively steer local and regional skills ecosystems and ensure they contribute to today’s priorities – the digital and green transitions, in particular.
What are the project work areas?
- Developing an international self-assessment tool for centres of vocational excellence to measure what defines vocational excellence
- Exploring the feasibility of creating a quality label for vocational excellence
- Conducting studies on how centres of vocational excellence support the EU’s digital and green transition objectives, as well as assessing their contribution to innovation and applied research
- Carrying out policy advice and capacity-building activities
More information on ETF Open Space
The international dimension of centres of vocational excellence