Privacy Statement for Job Applicants
Statement on personal data protection within the framework of selection of temporary agents, contract agents, seconded national experts, national experts in professional training and trainees.
Within the framework of the selection of temporary agents, contract agents, seconded national experts, national experts in professional training and trainees by the European Training Foundation (ETF), all personal data provided by the candidates are dealt with in compliance with
Regulation (EC) No. 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2008. In accordance with Articles 11 and 12 of the Regulation, the ETF hereby provides the following information on the use of the personal data provided by the candidates in this context:
Purpose(s) of the processing
To organise selection procedures in view of potential recruitment at the ETF; to manage administratively applications and the different stages of these selection procedures, to manage and check the exploitation of reserve lists.
Recipients of the data processed
• Human Resources Unit (staff in charge of the selection process);
• Members of the Selection Assessment Board;
• Appointing Authority (Director);
• In case of reserve lists, the Heads of department/unit or delegated staff members bound to strict confidentiality;
• For national experts in professional training and trainees, Heads of department/ unit;
• If applicable, external consultant companies that support the assessment stages of the selection process;
• If appropriate, access will also be provided to the Court of Auditors, the Internal Audit Service, the European Ombudsman, the Civil Service Tribunal, the European Anti-Fraud Office, and the European Data Protection Supervisor.
Personal data concerned
The data of candidates provided during the selection and management of the process.
Obligatory or optional data
Candidates canprovide their data on a voluntary basis. Data provided are processed in accordance with Regulation (EC) No. 45/2001. Failure to provide requested data implies exclusion from the selection procedure.
Categories of data processed
• Personal data allowing identification of the candidate (surname, first name, date of birth, gender, e-mail address);
• Information provided by the candidate to allow the practical organisation of the selection process (street, postcode, town, country, telephone number, fax, e-mail address);
• Information provided by the candidate to allow the verification of the eligibility and selection criteria laid down in the vacancy notice (nationality, languages, diplomas, professional experience, references);
• Results of the selection process.
Right of access and rectification
Candidates have a right to access their data. They have a right to update or correct their identification data at any time during the selection procedure. Data demonstrating compliance with the eligibility and selection criteria may not be updated or corrected after the closing date for application of the respective selection procedure.
Any request for access and rectification of personal data should be addressed to the Data Controller.
• Council Regulation (EC) No. 1339/2008 of 16 December 2008 establishing a European Training Foundation (recast)
• Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities (CEOS)
• Governing Board decision: GB/06/DEC/003 - 6 June 2006 – Procedures for the engagement of Contract Agents at ETF
• Governing Board decision: GB/07/DEC/011-Rev 1 10 January 2009 – General implementing provisions on the procedure governing the engagement of Temporary Agents at ETF
• Director’s decision ETF/009/DEC/001 dated 16 January 2009 laying down the Rules Applicable to National Experts on Secondment and to National Experts in Professional Training to the European Training Foundation
• ETF Internship Policy dated 16 March 2009
Legality of processing
Processing is necessary for the performance of tasks carried out in the public interest on the basis of the Treaties establishing the European Communities (recruitment of personnel) and in particular Council Regulation (CE) No. 1339/2008, as well as art. 5(a) of the Regulation (EC) No. 45/2001 of the European Parliament and the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data.
Date when processing starts
Date of application.
3 years following the conclusion of the selection procedure or the end of the validity (or extended validity) of the reserve list.
Right of recourse
Candidates are also entitled to have recourse at any time to the European Data Protection Supervisor (http://www.edps.europa.eu) if they consider that their rights under Regulation 45/2001 have been infringed as a result of the processing of their personal data by the ETF.
ETF - European Training Foundation
Villa Gualino, Viale Settimio Severo 65
10133 Torino, Italy