|VACANCY NOTICE N° ETF/REC/07/11|
The ETF is seeking to set up a reserve list of Administrative Assistants.
The successful candidates will be assigned to one of the ETF departments, units or project teams and asked to execute administrative or technical tasks to ensure successful completion of the daily operation of the related processes in at least one of the following areas:
- Project implementation, monitoring and/or evaluation (including support in management of financial resources and contract management);
- Procurement (implementation of tendering procedures, contract monitoring services etc.);
- Finance (preparation of budget breakdown, handling of financial transactions, budget monitoring etc.);
- Human resources (implementation of staff rights, of staff development policies etc.);
- Electronic databases (development, animation and maintenance of electronic databases, of project electronic platforms and of discussion fora etc.);
- Information and publications (drafting and reviewing of documents, formatting, proofreading, dissemination etc.).
Closing date for applications: Friday 20 July 2007
Contract type and grade: Contract Agent FGIII
Contract: duration may vary from short-term (6 months) to longer-term (up to 5 years) assignments.
Minimum net monthly salary shall be at least € 2,200.00.
The salary is not subject to national taxation.
In addition, the ETF offers attractive benefits in line with those of European Union civil servants. Further details about the contractual conditions offered by the ETF can be found in the Working with the ETF section of the ETF website.
The ETF is an EU agency whose mission is to assist partner countries in developing quality education and training systems and putting them into practice. We share expertise and advice on policies in education and training across regions and cultures. Working on behalf of the EU, we help our partner countries to develop a skilled labour force to promote better living conditions, active citizenship and democratic societies that respect human rights and cultural diversity.
The ETF is based in Turin, northern Italy, and has a staff of approximately 130. Further information on our activities can be found on our website: http://www.etf.europa.eu.
The ETF offers an exciting working environment with flexible work organisation and high levels of individual responsibility. As a learning and knowledge sharing organisation, we promote and offer excellent opportunities for the continued professional development of our staff.
The applicants must have at least two years of professional experience in providing administrative or technical assistance in one of the areas mentioned under the “Job profile” paragraph and must have the following competences:
Required technical competences
Required core competences
- Very good1 writing, reading, speaking and listening skills in English;
- High degree of computer literacy, particularly in spreadsheet and word processing packages (such as Excel and Word for Windows);
- Good general knowledge of the European Union and its Institutions.
- Strong sense of responsibility, high ethical values and flexibility to adapt to operational demands;
- Capacity to work in teams in an international and multi-cultural environment;
- Very good organisational capacity;
- Accuracy and attention to details;
- Good analytical skills and capacity to understand complex texts;
- Good service orientation and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and respect tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Good writing, reading, speaking and listening skills2 in French, German, Italian, Russian or Arabic;
- Project Cycle Management;
- Conference organisation principles;
- Document management principles.
- End-user computing expertise with IT tools such as e-mails and reporting tools;
To be considered eligible, applicants must satisfy the following requirements on the closing date for the submission of applications:
1. Be a national of an EU Member State;
2. Enjoy full rights as a citizen;
3. Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by law concerning military service;
4. Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post;
5. Have a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma
have a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education,
followed by at least three years of appropriate professional experience;
6. Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the Communities and satisfactory knowledge of another language of the Communities to the extent necessary for the performance of the duties.
The ETF is calling for applications to establish a reserve list of suitable candidates for Contract Agent Function Group III positions. This reserve list will be valid up to 12 months from the date of the establishment of the list and its duration may be extended by decision of the Director.
During this period, and depending on the needs or number of vacancies at the ETF, candidates on the reserve list may be offered a Contract Agent contract, whose duration may vary from short-term assignments (of a few months) to longer-term assignments (up to five years). The Contract Agent contract may be renewed according to article 85 of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities.
Eligibility of candidates will be assessed according to compliance with all eligibility criteria by the closing date for the submission of applications. The Recruitment Assessment Board will assess the competences and skills of all applicants and will invite the most suitable candidates for an interview.
Interviews are expected to take place on 9 and/or 10 August 2007 and will be held for the most part in English.
Candidates invited for an interview will be asked to undergo a practical test in English and a multiple choice test to evaluate knowledge of the EU Institutions, as well as numerical and verbal skills.
Please note that the Recruitment Assessment Board’s work and deliberations are strictly confidential and that any contact with the board members is strictly forbidden.
Upon completion of the interviews and tests, a reserve list of the most suitable candidates will be proposed by the Recruitment Assessment Board to the Director who establishes the reserve list. Successful candidates will be appointed by the Director when a vacant position arises or upon needs.
Prior to contract signature, the successful candidates will be asked:
§ to provide original or certified copies of all relevant documents proving his/her eligibility, including an extract from his/her police file;
§ to undergo a compulsory medical examination to establish that he/she meets the standard of physical fitness necessary to perform the duties involved.
Submission of applications
Interested candidates are invited to send their application through the Job vacancies section of the ETF website. The following documents, preferably in English, must be provided:
· a motivation letter clearly specifying in which area (in accordance with the job profile) the candidates would prefer to work and why;
· a curriculum vitae using the Europass format, available on the ETF website (other formats will not be considered).
Alternatively, applications may also be sent by fax to the ETF HR Unit at the following number: (+39) 011 630 23 88.
Only applications submitted online through the ETF website or by fax and using the Europass CV format and including the above mentioned motivation letter will be accepted.
In order to be considered, applications must be received by the closing date for submission and, if sent by fax, clearly quote the reference number ETF/REC/07/11.
Closing date for the submission of applications: 20 July at 23.59 (Central European Time).
The ETF is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
All personal data collected for the selection process are subject to the EU legislation on personal data protection and confidentiality of information. The application documents provided during the selection procedure will not be returned to candidates but will be kept on file by the ETF.
1. Equivalent to C1 level as defined in the Europass CV instructions
2. Equivalent to B1 level as defined in the Europass CV instructions
You can download the pdf version