Torinet - A network of leading experts
This ETF initiative aims to contribute to increased efficiency of policy development in vocational education and training in ETF partner countries.
- What experiences and lessons learned are available and could be shared to enhance the role of evidence in policy making?
- What needs are there in countries to efficiently and effectively create and use evidence throughout the policy cycle?
- What tools, actors, networks should be developed and strengthened to build an evidence-based approach to policy making?
The ETF will facilitate networking and exchange around these questions among policy-makers, practitioners, experts and researchers to make VET an engine for human capital development.
International thematic groups, meetings, country seminars as well as materials and tools to support the exchange and creation of knowledge will be developed.
Torinet has taken its first steps online to start a debate, share ideas, experiences and lessons around evidence-based policy making in VET.
Torinet is a vision in itself: the vision to create a culture of evidence, participation, ownership and accountability in vocational education and training. This is just the start, we have a direction, but we don't have a planned arrival point!
Torinet will be guided by YOU!
We encourage you to share your experience, questions, expectations already with us!
Have a look at the Torinet blog on Posterous...where the debate has already begun.
To contribute on our blog, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation on our Facebook page
ACTING ON EVIDENCE - FOSTERING INNOVATION AND CREATIVITY
Creation of evidence, use of evidence, communication of evidence, networks of information, networks of people, knowledge sharing – form the basis of sound policy making that is accompanied and fostered by creativity and innovation.
Evidence by itself is not enough to make VET effective and efficient. A VET policy should be based on evidence but fostered with vision, innovation and creativity. This only allows change to happen and be meaningful.
The ETF’s Torinet initiative responds to the complexity of evidence-based work. It supports leaders in vocational education and training, throughout the policy cycle and across thematic areas to deliver better policies.
All ETF partner countries will benefit from the initiative in a medium term prospective. In 2011-12 the first group of 11 countries will be involved:
Croatia, Republic of Moldova, Belarus , Serbia , Egypt , Tunisia, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kosovo, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan
With the first group of countries the ETF will work by:
- providing support in the areas of 1) governance, 2) evidence and 3) policy cycles,
- engaging in a policy dialogue with countries on the three pillars mentioned above in adapting them to specific needs of countries,
- supporting dialogue among leaders to foster the creation, communication, and use of evidence for policy making